Friday, November 09, 2007

Slow Poker Week

I tried to play live poker earlier this week but just didn't feel right. I lacked proper focus which was probably due to the stress and anxiety related to moving. So I did what I do best. I avoided the tables for a few nights.

The good news: there is hope on the horizon. We found a cool place to live and it's pretty close to the Strip.

I'm hoping the short commute makes it even more enticing to go to work. I could literally walk to the poker room if I wanted to.

I guess that was always true. How about...Now I could walk to the poker room and actually get there in the same hour.

I also know myself well enough not to declare this "walk to work" as something that is actually going to happen. But it is nice to know that I could walk there on a nice day. You know. To get some exercise.

And if you guys really want to, we could turn my walk to work into one of those sponsored walks. I think the kids call them "Walkathons." I understand that normally you might sponsor someone to walk a certain distance to raise money to fight a disease.

However if my gambling is really important to you, I could do this couple of miles walk from my home to the Bellagio to raise money to put on a roulette number. Or if there are objections to roulette we could "walk" over to the craps table and place it all on hard 4.

As you can see, the specific bet doesn't matter. The most important thing is that I use your donations in some philanthropic way. One of those selfless gestures that makes us feel good about ourselves during the holiday season.

Walk talk aside, I really am looking forward to the shorter commute in the car. When you don't have a schedule it's nice to be able to get back and forth on a whim. Right now we live 15 minutes away from the Strip but in Vegas time that's an eternity. It's real important that I be able to get to the poker table in 5 minutes or less.

So we'll see how this works out. If this house isn't right then perhaps we'll just have to move right into the Bellagio. However I might need to step up in my betting limits if they're gonna let us live in their hotel with our cats.

4 comments:

Check Raise Chin said...

10 bucks on the hard eight please.

BWoP said...

$10 on 23 at the roulette table.

Seems to work out well for you.

Enjoy!

PJS JR. said...

Damn, and I was waiting all week for an insightful, poker-filled post, and I get this... Too much to hope for I guess.

FreeFormCoder said...

it was actually $25 on #23...

900+ payoff..