Sunday, November 04, 2007

Lightning Finally Hit Me

I was in the right place at the right time tonight. That meant in the big blind holding 4,6 off on an ace, 3, 5 flop. Some gentleman bet $10 and three of us called. A 2 came on the turn. The same gentleman now bets $50.

The button reraises him to $200.

At this point I actually looked back down at my cards to double check what I'm holding because I'm pretty sure this is all too good to believe. I have the nuts. And there are two players betting into me. Wow. They are. They really are. Thank you. Thank you so much.

There really are so many people to thank. I want to thank God. My Wife. The Bellagio. Jerry Yang. The folks over at Warner Brothers and Fox Searchlight. My whole team at Don Buchwald. I want to thank The Blerge. Bobby Baldwin, Ellen Schauben, Joe Orell, Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet, my family, friends and everyone in Brooklyn.

You know what? The thank you list is a little long and I didn't even mention everyone I wanted to. Next time it might be easier for me to just list the 2 or 3 people that I really don't want to thank. Maybe that's how I should handle it. Just mention those people.

So I reraised all in for 462 and the button paid me off. I never did see his cards but I wouldn't be surprised if he was as weak as top pair. From what I had witnessed he was that bad of a player.

Its been awhile since I had a hand like this. A hand with no decisions to make. These are the good times in poker. When the chips just come my way. Almost like I have a magnet. It's not that often that I get paid off in this spot but it's wonderful when it happens.

1 comment:

merryprankster said...

Mazel-Tov! And thank you for the thank you.