Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Homestretch

There are only 5 weeks left in the Vegas Year...



...and like Francis Ford Coppola on the set of Apocalypse Now...



...I have no idea how it all ends.




The only thing I know is Marlon Brandon hasn't shown up yet.

I sit here today and think back to the Summer of 06. Living in NYC. Still playing every day on the internet. About to head out to Vegas for the WSOP.



Before leaving town I caught a Michael Portnoy show with a good friend.



Walking away from the theater, I shared my poker goal.

If all went well in Vegas, perhaps I wouldn't be coming back to New York City. Perhaps I'd stay out West.

Be careful of what you ask for.

I did come back to NYC but only to get my wife and our stuff.

Jump forward 18 months in time and here we are in Vegas. Some days I feel so lucky. Other times the Vegas Year feels like a jail sentence.

I think it's good to remember how we got here.

To (re)appreciate the journey.



I'm not too sure what happens at the end of this year.

But I'm grateful to have grown and learned from this experience.

No comments: