Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Making Fire

Between moving to Las Vegas and our government figuring out the legality of funding online poker sites, I've largely ignored internet poker as of late.

Thus one of my accounts has been sitting for awhile with just 1 cent left in it.

The other day I was in the mood to do some clicking. So I signed on to take a look around and noticed that a freeroll HORSE tournament was about to start.

HORSE is a mixed game of limit hold em, omaha, razz (7 card poker where worst hand wins), 7 card stud and 7 card stud high low.

I signed up for one of the 2400 spots. I can't remember now if it was the top 48 or 27 players getting paid but overall $100 was dispersed.

5 hours later I ended up in 14th place and $2 were deposited into my account.

He he.

I followed this up by taking my $2.01 over to a 10 cent NL game and won 25 cents.

Then I used my $2.26 "bankroll" to enter a $2.25 Omaha high low limit sit and go.

Of course the way life works, I won the sit and go and am now up to 9 dollars.

I'm back in the game.

In some ways getting back into action is more gratifying than winning thousands of dollars.

Who knows what those 9 dollars can now become?

I feel like I created a fire by rubbing two sticks together.

No comments: