Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sicko

The Main Event starts this Friday.

So like all good Americans I might try to satellite my way in.

Who doesn't have that dream?

Yet the inside scoop is most likely you'll see me playing cash games the next two weeks.

I haven't played any poker at all since Saturday because I've been sick.

Being sick sucks. I forgot.

I don't get sick too often, so when I do get sick, I quickly go to the head space of "just get me healthy, and I promise I won't ever whine about any of my stupid problems ever again."

Medically speaking I am sort of surprised it took me so long to get sick after weeks of sharing chips and touching cards with my coughing sneezing wheezing table mates.

So my goal in life is pretty simple right now. I want to stop sniffling and coughing. I just want to feel better and get back to the tables.

Maybe now I'll go take some Nyquil.

Nyquil. The cough syrup I endorse.

1 comment:

jeckyl said...

I think you should start playing wearing a surgical mask and rubber gloves. At the very least, it might help with head games.